Carpenter - Sheds Fabricator
Outback Buildings is a leading provider of high-quality storage buildings, dedicated to offering our customers durable and functional solutions for their storage needs. Our team of skilled professionals is committed to delivering exceptional craftsmanship and outstanding customer service. We are currently seeking an experienced Production Carpenter to join our growing team and contribute to our mission of providing the best storage buildings in the industry.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and work orders to ensure accurate assembly of storage shed components.
- Measure, cut, and assemble various wood materials, including framing, sheathing, and roofing, according to specifications.
- Utilize various power and hand tools, such as saws, drills, and nail guns, to complete projects in a safe and efficient manner.
- Install hardware, doors, windows, and other finishing materials to complete the construction of storage sheds.
- Maintain and calibrate carpentry tools and equipment, ensuring optimal performance and safety.
- Inspect completed storage sheds for quality assurance, identifying and correcting any defects or discrepancies.
- Collaborate with team members, supervisors, and other departments to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Adhere to all company policies, safety regulations, and industry best practices.
- Provide exceptional customer service, addressing any questions or concerns clients may have about their storage sheds.
- Continuously develop and improve carpentry skills and knowledge, staying up to date with industry trends and techniques.
- High school diploma or equivalent; trade school or vocational training in carpentry is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in carpentry or a related field, with a focus on wood framing and construction.
- Strong knowledge of carpentry techniques, tools, and materials, particularly as they relate to storage shed construction.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and work orders.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift, carry, and move heavy materials and equipment.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe and organized work environment.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends as needed to meet project deadlines.