Metal Production Worker
Classic Metals is a premier metal roofing supply and installation company specializing in sales and installation of metal roofing, siding, carports, and more. We pride ourselves on delivering durable, high-quality, and aesthetically pleasing metal solutions to a diverse range of residential and commercial clients. We are seeking a skilled Metal Shop Production Worker to join our growing team and help us continue to provide exceptional service and products to our valued customers.
As a Metal Shop Production Worker, you will play a vital role in our production process, operating various machines such as brake press, cutting machines, and handling materials. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth, efficient, and safe operation of equipment, while maintaining the highest levels of quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Operate machinery, including brake press and cutting machines, to produce high-quality metal components for roofing, siding, and other applications.
- Load and unload materials and products from machines, vehicles, and storage areas.
- Measure and inspect parts for accuracy and conformance to specified tolerances.
- Maintain detailed records of production processes, including material usage, machine settings, and job specifics.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment, ensuring that machines are kept in proper working condition.
- Assist with material handling and storage, ensuring that materials are organized and easily accessible.
- Adhere to all safety protocols, including the use of personal protective equipment, and maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Collaborate with team members to optimize production workflows and resolve any issues that arise.
- Continuously improve knowledge and skills through on-the-job training and participation in relevant courses or workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors or managers.
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational or technical training in metal fabrication is a plus.
- Experience operating brake press, cutting machines, or other metal fabrication equipment is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing production demands.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Basic math skills and the ability to read and interpret blueprints or engineering drawings.
- Familiarity with safety protocols and best practices in a metal fabrication setting.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, lift heavy objects, and perform repetitive tasks.